Welcome!

Hello - I am Francine, I love jewelry!

I try to make this fun and informative. So if you are interested in learning more about jewelry and want to know more about a jewelry related topic, let me know and we can blog about it!

Have fun!!







Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Little Bailey

It is with a very heavy heart that I tell you that I have made a difficult decision to put my little Bailey to sleep tomorrow. Bailey will be 15 on May 5, 2010.

I have always said that when she loses sight in her other eye that would be the determining factor and today, she did just that. She is bumping into things is afraid to go outside and with the other girls in the house - it is just not fair. Bailey is also deaf and has cushings disease both of which she has lived with for the past 3 years.

You all know how much I love my dogs but little Bailey was so special. She was not a show dog, she was not well bred, she was just that little black dog that was given to us almost 13 years ago. She was the best dog money could buy - and she was FREE!!
Bailey was Rachael's first dog. She was there for her first soccer game, her first day of school. Rachael used to take her for walks around the block and boy did everyone know the two of them:)

Bailey introduced me to the world of dogs. If it were not for Bailey, I would never have Shea, Cindy or Piper. By they way - she was quite the little agility dog:)

Bailey introduced me to so many wonderful people over the past 13 years. There are too many to name.

Bailey was a therapy dog. Boy did she love that - she got to lick all of the crumbs off of the floor:) She gave so much joy to the residents of the nursing home. Vets could not believe that she was a Cocker Spaniel as she did not have a mean bone in her body! (well maybe she didn't like that other Bailey down the street so much:)

Bailey never needed a leash - she would get a few feet in front of me and turn around to make sure I was still there.

Bailey was my shadow - if I moved, she moved.

I could go on and on about the memories that little black dog helped me create. However, the most important one is that she helped me understand what unconditional love is and what it feels like to be adored by a little black dog.

Bailey - I love you and if there is a heaven for dogs - you will definitely be there.




1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I have suffered the same twice within 6 months this year. My thoughts are with you. LB

    ReplyDelete